- throwing a toy, distraction when a dog is "at attention" they tend to not pant,
- baiting, most dogs are trained to bait with their mouths shut, so someone who knows how to bait a dog (outside of the frame) can help close the dogs mouth;
- touching the back of the dogs tongue will usually close the dogs mouth long enough to get the photo (there is some dexterity and luck in doing this and getting your hand back in position/the dog's mouth shut at the same time);
- a spray bottle with a lemon or lime/water mixture will close a dogs mouth, and if you actually practice this, (there is that practice word again) then just having someone hold the spray bottle (out of frame) is sometimes enough; and
- some dogs, if trained (I know there it is again) you can just "tap" or "pop" the lead at the right time, and they will close their mouth for the time needed to get that picture.
Have questions? Ask them! Follow us on Facebook for more information. Interested in having us photograph your show? Contact us at either location! We have updated our website! See our calendar to know where we will be next!